NMDA Board of Director (BoD) Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2017
Foundation for the Pure Spanish Horse
115 Elm St NE, ABQ
6:38 – 8:08 PM
All Members and interested public welcome!
Mtg started @ 6:38 PM with Board Members Susan Reed, Winnie Fitch, Gina McKay and Teresa Heine;
Absent: Cindy Kavan-Winfield
Other meeting attendee(s): Kathleen Martin, Barbara Burkhart, Jayne Stewart
1. March 8, 2017 Mtg Minutes acceptance: Motion (Teresa): Accept the draft of the Mar 8, 2017 BoD mtg minutes
prepared by Dawn Foster (NMDA Member) as is; second (Winnie); vote: 3 for, 0 against.
2. Treasurer’s Report (Winnie)
• MyBank March statement indicates a balance of $18,660.05. Winnie resolved amount discrepancy from March BoD minutes.
• Proof of Liability still awaiting to receive in mail.
• BOD Insurance of $1000 needs to be paid.
• Motion(Teresa) made for NMDA taxes to be filed by Winnie’s CPA ;second(winnie); 4 vote; for, 0against
1. Membership (Winnie) - currently 74 Members
2. Youth (Gina) – Braiding clinic postponed for later date TBA in 2017. Sent flowers on behalf of NMDA to despooking clinician recovering from health issues(cause of cancellation). Despooking clinic would have had 6 participants. BSPA would like to NMDA to host more events at their facility. Gina reappointed as Education/Clinic Chairperson due to low youth numbers and activities open to all ages.
3. Education/Clinics (Gina)- Possible Activities: Figures to music- Drill team interest with Jayne Stewart/Dianne Fay. How to work a (mock) show- learning the positons: caller,scribe,scorer,etc.
4. Schooling Shows (Teresa) - Caballo show on 3/26 made $569.15 profit. Check sent to PDNDS of $284.57. NMDA profit $254.58 due to H.P. award expense of $30. No contact from Erlene, re: El-Roy show contract. Possibly considering new location. Los Alamos show – Draft of contract sent to Laura Kober. Awaiting response. Need proof of insurance for BFRA show on 4/23. Bill’s BBQ and catering will be food vendor. CTF shows: judge Laurel Peters in May(awaiting contract), Karin Lencyk in October?
1. Beth Baumert Clinic (Kathleen)
• Only one riding spot available in Santa Fe
• NMDA insurance covered at Hipico
• NMDA gives Kathleen $810 for subsidies towards the Beth Baumert Clinic.
• Kathleen paid $275 (of which $250 refundable damage fee)for rental of dressage letters. Letters to be obtained after the BFRA schooling show.
2.Bill McMullin clinic (Dawn)
Awaiting Proof of Liability to send to Rick of Bernalillo County for Vista Sandia
Susan could only find volunteer records dating back as far as Aug 2016
NMDA mini grant of $50 awarded to Barbara Burkhart for Beth Baumert clinic
Motion (Winnie)made to award mini grant directly towards reciepients upon completion of approved NMDA sponosored event and proof of participation; Second (Teresa) vote: 4 for, 0 against.
4. Standing rules
Youth vs. Junior label. Youth = under 21 as per USDF membership, Junior=Under 18 as per NMDA Y.E.A.
Consider using 1 non-club sponsored show to be applied towards Y.E.A. for next year tabled.
Motion(Winnie) made to reimburse Teresa for restocking WD test file case-$134?, and copies made for caballo show-$20; second(Susan); vote, 4 for, 0 against.
1. Request for corporate sponsorship for the NMDA; needs more investigation.
2. Conflict of Interest forms(501 c-3 requirement) dipersed to BoD; needs to be read, signed, and returned to Susan as soon as posssible.
3.Voulnteer Liability Release forms; Teresa will send file to Kathleen for BB clinic, and Winnie for BFRA show.
MEETING ADJOURNED @ 8:08 PM
Respectfully submitted by Teresa Heine, Vice President